On this day: July 22
Wiley Post completes the first solo flight around the world, John Dillinger is gunned down behind a Chicago theater, two Soviet dogs become cosmonauts, and Jeffrey Dahmer and Mike Tyson are both arrested, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Flight attendant brings comedy to safety talk
- Couple drives stolen car to court, police say
- Town named 'Jew Killer' eyes name change
- Carpenter who cut off fingers makes 'Robohand' with printer
- Rare quintuplet goats born in Oregon
- Swedish man's 3-word obit: 'I am dead'