On this day: July 1
The Battle of Gettysburg begins, America's first zoo opens, the first Tour de France starts, the Sony Walkman hits the market, the PG-13 movie rating is introduced, and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill breaks an unfortunate record, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Kittens accidentally packed in box, shipped
- Police: Man licked cop’s eye during arrest
- Texting driver who hit cyclist: 'I just don't care'
- Selfie-taker gets kicked in head by train conductor
- 'Pals': Biden, Obama make selfie time
- An accidental car thief: Mom takes wrong car
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage