On this day: June 27
Two planes complete the first mid-air refueling, the first nuclear power plant opens, Hurricane Audrey hits the Gulf Coast, Atari is founded, and U.S. Route 66 ceases to officially exist, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- No joke: Obama interviewed by Zach Galifianakis
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request