On this day: June 17
The British win at great cost at the Battle of Bunker Hill, Ted Williams belts his 500th home run, five burglars are arrested at the Watergate complex, O.J. Simpson goes for a ride, and same-sex marriage becomes legal in California, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- The allure of the 200-year-old clockwork boy
- No joke: Obama interviewed by Zach Galifianakis
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'