2012 will go down as the warmest year on record in the Tri-Cities, tied with 1990, according to the National Weather Service Office in Morristown, Tennessee. The average temperature for the year was 58.3° which is 2.6° above normal.
The hottest day ever also occurred in 2012. Back on June 30th the mercury soared to 103° in the Tri-Cities.
The warmest March on record in our region also occurred in 2012, along with the wettest month ever! 12.7" of rain fell in July of 2012.
2012 was the warmest year on record across the continental United States as well. Read more here.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting