2012 will go down as the warmest year on record in the Tri-Cities, tied with 1990, according to the National Weather Service Office in Morristown, Tennessee. The average temperature for the year was 58.3° which is 2.6° above normal.
The hottest day ever also occurred in 2012. Back on June 30th the mercury soared to 103° in the Tri-Cities.
The warmest March on record in our region also occurred in 2012, along with the wettest month ever! 12.7" of rain fell in July of 2012.
2012 was the warmest year on record across the continental United States as well. Read more here.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone