2012 will go down as the warmest year on record in the Tri-Cities, tied with 1990, according to the National Weather Service Office in Morristown, Tennessee. The average temperature for the year was 58.3° which is 2.6° above normal.
The hottest day ever also occurred in 2012. Back on June 30th the mercury soared to 103° in the Tri-Cities.
The warmest March on record in our region also occurred in 2012, along with the wettest month ever! 12.7" of rain fell in July of 2012.
2012 was the warmest year on record across the continental United States as well. Read more here.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane