BRISTOL, Va. - Charges have been dropped against a man accused in the 2011 death of 86-year-old Annie Smith.
Bristol, Virginia Commonwealth's Attorney Jerry Wolfe tells News 5 the State dismissed the charges against Anthony Jemes when statements were made clearing him of any involvement in the case. Wolfe says Daniel Henry, who pleaded guilty to the murder, changed his story last week about Jemes' involvement.
The Commonwealth's attorney says the case against Jemes was based on earlier statements by Henry who had claimed Jemes was involved in the death.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator