BRISTOL, Va. - Charges have been dropped against a man accused in the 2011 death of 86-year-old Annie Smith.
Bristol, Virginia Commonwealth's Attorney Jerry Wolfe tells News 5 the State dismissed the charges against Anthony Jemes when statements were made clearing him of any involvement in the case. Wolfe says Daniel Henry, who pleaded guilty to the murder, changed his story last week about Jemes' involvement.
The Commonwealth's attorney says the case against Jemes was based on earlier statements by Henry who had claimed Jemes was involved in the death.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger