On this day: May 17
St. Louis nearly burns to the ground, the first Kentucky Derby is held, the Supreme Court strikes down segregated schools, the Senate Watergate Committee begins televised hearings, and same-sex marriages begin in Massachusetts, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Father-to-be takes hilarious 'maternity pictures'
- Cronut creator unveils ice cream sundae in a can
- Plastic surgeon sued over 'cocaine nose' photos
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Man wins 2 $1 million jackpots in 3 months
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer