On this day: May 10
The First Transcontinental Railroad is completed, "Rock Around the Clock" is released, The Incredible Hulk makes his debut, Wilt Chamberlain plays his last game, and Nelson Mandela is inaugurated, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk