Popular now on WCYB.com
2012 Words of the Year: American Dialect Society
POSTED: 11:42 AM Jan 07 2013
2012 introduced some new words into the public lexicon and also saw a few new meanings for some old favorites. Here are some picks by the American Dialect Society. They are broken down by category.
Around The Watercooler
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Flight attendant brings comedy to safety talk
- Couple drives stolen car to court, police say
- Town named 'Jew Killer' eyes name change
- Carpenter who cut off fingers makes 'Robohand' with printer
- Rare quintuplet goats born in Oregon
- Swedish man's 3-word obit: 'I am dead'