The apocalypse: by the numbers
Many Americans are confident that the world isn’t really going to cease to exist on Friday, Dec. 21, the day of the supposed Mayan apocalypse. Still, plenty of people around the world took precautions. Take a look at some of the numbers surrounding the apocalypse.
Around The Watercooler
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Scientist stumbles upon puppy-sized spider
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes