Merriam-Webster's Words of the Year for 2012
Merriam-Webster has released its words of the year. This year there is a tie for number one. The list reflects the interests and attitudes of visitors from around the world to Merriam-Webster.com and is determined by the volume of user look-ups on that site. What do you think is at number one?
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk