Comparing poverty rates
According to the U.S. Census Bureau figures released on Sept. 20, the national poverty rate eased to 15 percent in 2011, down slightly from 15.1 percent the year before. Check out the state-by-state percentages from 2010 to 2011 and see where your state falls.
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water