Comparing poverty rates
According to the U.S. Census Bureau figures released on Sept. 20, the national poverty rate eased to 15 percent in 2011, down slightly from 15.1 percent the year before. Check out the state-by-state percentages from 2010 to 2011 and see where your state falls.
Around The Watercooler
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Man wins 2 $1 million jackpots in 3 months
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer
- Man's 41 Homer Simpson tattoos set world record
- Police solve 'creepy' porcelain doll mystery
- Man claims his penis was mistakenly amputated