Comparing poverty rates
According to the U.S. Census Bureau figures released on Sept. 20, the national poverty rate eased to 15 percent in 2011, down slightly from 15.1 percent the year before. Check out the state-by-state percentages from 2010 to 2011 and see where your state falls.
Around The Watercooler
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)
- Family angry after airline 'loses' elderly mother
- Thousands of wasps found nesting on bed