On this day: July 13
The Mississippi River finds its roots, a Hollywood icon debuts, Old Blue Eyes records for the first time, the MLB All-Star Game goes north, and Ronald Reagan gives up the presidency, briefly, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Golfer jumps into pond to avoid hornet attack
- 8-year-old receives box of condoms in the mail
- Trucker ‘dispatched by God’ to deliver baby at Denny’s
- Police: Man licked cop’s eye during arrest
- Frustrated? In Idaho, you can pay to break stuff
- Indiana man lets buyer keep his stolen car
- NBA player to open Hooters in Russia
- Kittens accidentally packed in box, shipped
- Texting driver who hit cyclist: 'I just don't care'