Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: July 6
POSTED: 6:10 PM Jun 27 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jul 06 2012
America names it currency, a political party holds its first convention, and a first lady, media mogul, rocker, screen scream queen and religious leader are all born, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Police: Man licked cop’s eye during arrest
- NBA player to open Hooters in Russia
- Texting driver who hit cyclist: 'I just don't care'
- Selfie-taker gets kicked in head by train conductor
- 'Pals': Biden, Obama make selfie time
- An accidental car thief: Mom takes wrong car
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage