On this day: August 19
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway hosts its first auto race, The Beatles kick off their first American concert tour, Groucho Marx dies, Mike Tyson returns to the ring, and the last U.S. combat brigade leaves Iraq, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes
- Giant, ancient virus dug up in Siberia