On this day: June 27
Two planes complete the first mid-air refueling, the first nuclear power plant opens, Hurricane Audrey hits the Gulf Coast, Atari is founded, and U.S. Route 66 ceases to officially exist, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- $50,000 dropped in Salvation Army kettle
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars