On this day: June 20
Lizzie Borden is acquitted of giving her mother "40 whacks," the U.S. Army Air Force is formed, the "red telephone" hotline is established, "Leave it to Beaver" airs its final episode, and "Jaws" has moviegoers reconsidering their beach vacations, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes