On this day: June 20
Lizzie Borden is acquitted of giving her mother "40 whacks," the U.S. Army Air Force is formed, the "red telephone" hotline is established, "Leave it to Beaver" airs its final episode, and "Jaws" has moviegoers reconsidering their beach vacations, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?
- 'Angel of 9-11:' Some see face in twisted wreckage