On this day: May 22
A former U.S. vice president is indicted for treason, the most powerful earthquake ever recorded hits Chile, "Pac-Man" makes his debut, Johnny Carson signs off, and a deadly tornado devastates Joplin, Mo., all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair
- Stunning pic of Freeman is actually iPad painting
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- $50,000 dropped in Salvation Army kettle
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army