On this day: May 17
St. Louis nearly burns to the ground, the first Kentucky Derby is held, the Supreme Court strikes down segregated schools, the Senate Watergate Committee begins televised hearings, and same-sex marriages begin in Massachusetts, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes
- Giant, ancient virus dug up in Siberia
- City to remove ban on being annoying