On this day: April 25
The guillotine is first used, American and Soviet troops cut Nazi Germany in two, a U.S. Navy submarine completes the first submerged circumnavigation of the globe, and the Hubble Space Telescope is launched, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk