On this day: April 9
General Lee surrenders at Appomattox Court House, NASA picks its first seven astronauts, the Houston Astrodome opens, and Iraqis tear down Saddam Hussein's statue in a liberated Baghdad, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?
- 'Angel of 9-11:' Some see face in twisted wreckage
- Jesse Owens' medal bidding tops $200,000