On this day: April 9
General Lee surrenders at Appomattox Court House, NASA picks its first seven astronauts, the Houston Astrodome opens, and Iraqis tear down Saddam Hussein's statue in a liberated Baghdad, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Giant, ancient virus dug up in Siberia
- City to remove ban on being annoying
- Dog tries to run for mayor
- Can Facebook tell you where to live?
- Your name can now be 'Travolta-fied'
- Man selling home for Dogecoins