On this day: February 21
POSTED: 12:46 AM Feb 21 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Feb 21 2013
The Washington Monument is dedicated, Alka-Seltzer is sold for the first time, the peace symbol is born, Malcolm X is assassinated, and Nixon heads to China, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bicycle hearse offers 'one last ride'
- Toss burgers at kidnappers in Charles Ramsey video game
- Caffeinated toothbrush in the works
- Golfer, 77, sinks 3 holes-in-one
- Google Maps leads kidnapped boy home
- Giant mechanical animals stalk theme park
- Man finds $4.8M lotto ticket in cookie jar
- An election decided by the flip of a coin
- Buckets of KFC smuggled into Gaza