On this day: January 29
"The Raven" is first published, baseball and football induct their first hall of fame classes, the Gulf War fighting takes to the ground, and President George W. Bush coins the phrase "Axis of Evil," all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?
- 'Angel of 9-11:' Some see face in twisted wreckage
- Jesse Owens' medal bidding tops $200,000
- Colo. woman busted for topless haircuts
- Beloved, officially ugly dog dies
- Couple: Anti-gay note is a fraud
- Famous comet may be in trouble