2012 Words of the Year: American Dialect Society
POSTED: 11:42 AM Jan 07 2013
2012 introduced some new words into the public lexicon and also saw a few new meanings for some old favorites. Here are some picks by the American Dialect Society. They are broken down by category.
Around The Watercooler
- Man survives 15-story fall in New Zealand
- Cat runs for mayor in Mexico
- Bank error shows woman $300 million in debt
- Wendy's worker fired over Frosty-guzzling photo
- Kids burning ants spark wildfire
- Suspected burglar caught hiding in dryer
- Woman sues Culver's after walking into glass
- Jersey Shore town set to vote on 'dress code'
- Shelter dog figures out how to open door