On this day: January 2
The Lindbergh baby kidnapping trial begins, the Jets give Namath a record contract, Nixon lowers the nation's maximum speed limit to 55, and oil tops $100 a barrel for the first time, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket
- Waitress gets $1,000 tip on $60 bill
- Beer thief leaves apology note, cash
- Army plans to launch a reality TV show
- Bicycle hearse offers 'one last ride'
- Toss burgers at kidnappers in Charles Ramsey video game
- Caffeinated toothbrush in the works
- Golfer, 77, sinks 3 holes-in-one
- Google Maps leads kidnapped boy home