On this day: December 27
POSTED: 3:53 PM Dec 26 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Dec 27 2012
Charles Darwin embarks on the HMS Beagle, "Howdy Doody" makes its TV debut, Apollo 8 splashes down after orbiting the Moon, and the Soviet Union occupies Afghanistan, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bicycle hearse offers 'one last ride'
- Caffeinated toothbrush in the works
- Golfer, 77, sinks 3 holes-in-one
- Google Maps leads kidnapped boy home
- Giant mechanical animals stalk theme park
- Man finds $4.8M lotto ticket in cookie jar
- An election decided by the flip of a coin
- Buckets of KFC smuggled into Gaza
- Man wins lottery four times