Merriam-Webster's Words of the Year for 2012
Merriam-Webster has released its words of the year. This year there is a tie for number one. The list reflects the interests and attitudes of visitors from around the world to Merriam-Webster.com and is determined by the volume of user look-ups on that site. What do you think is at number one?
Around The Watercooler
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket
- Waitress gets $1,000 tip on $60 bill
- Beer thief leaves apology note, cash
- Army plans to launch a reality TV show
- Bicycle hearse offers 'one last ride'
- Toss burgers at kidnappers in Charles Ramsey video game
- Caffeinated toothbrush in the works
- Golfer, 77, sinks 3 holes-in-one
- Google Maps leads kidnapped boy home