On this day: December 6
POSTED: 12:00 AM Dec 06 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Dec 06 2012
Harriet Tubman escapes slavery, the capstone is set on the Washington Monument, the TV special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" debuts, and Roy Orbison passes away, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Spectacular tech 'firsts' up for auction
- Man builds pirate ship, sells it on Craigslist
- Sisters tossed from mall over cancer hats
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket
- Man, 80, becomes oldest man to climb Everest
- Waitress gets $1,000 tip on $60 bill
- Beer thief leaves apology note, cash
- Army plans to launch a reality TV show
- Bicycle hearse offers 'one last ride'