On this day: October 9
POSTED: 10:58 PM Oct 08 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Oct 09 2012
The Washington Monument opens to the public, John Lennon is born, Che Guevara is executed, the Dow Jones reaches new heights, and President Barack Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 84-year-old indicted for drug trafficking
- Mom dies, gives birth, then is revived
- Spectacular tech 'firsts' up for auction
- Does basketball star's massive back tattoo have a typo?
- Man builds pirate ship, sells it on Craigslist
- Sisters tossed from mall over cancer hats
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket
- Man, 80, becomes oldest man to climb Everest
- Waitress gets $1,000 tip on $60 bill