On this day: October 2
Charles Darwin returns home, Gandhi is born, "Peanuts" is published for the first time, Thurgood Marshall becomes the first black justice on the Supreme Court, and the Beltway sniper attacks begin, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk