Comparing poverty rates
According to the U.S. Census Bureau figures released on Sept. 20, the national poverty rate eased to 15 percent in 2011, down slightly from 15.1 percent the year before. Check out the state-by-state percentages from 2010 to 2011 and see where your state falls.
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk