Comparing poverty rates
According to the U.S. Census Bureau figures released on Sept. 20, the national poverty rate eased to 15 percent in 2011, down slightly from 15.1 percent the year before. Check out the state-by-state percentages from 2010 to 2011 and see where your state falls.
Around The Watercooler
- Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Swim champ gives rival his trophy
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays
- Oregon football player suspended for snowball fight
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!