On this day: September 4
Los Angeles is founded, Arkansas' governor calls out the National Guard to prevent the integration of a Little Rock school, swimmer Mark Spitz sets a new Olympic gold medal mark, and Google is founded, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk