On this day: September 4
Los Angeles is founded, Arkansas' governor calls out the National Guard to prevent the integration of a Little Rock school, swimmer Mark Spitz sets a new Olympic gold medal mark, and Google is founded, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?