Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: August 16
POSTED: 12:42 AM Aug 14 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Aug 16 2013
Politics get ugly on the White House lawn, Lincoln signs the Emancipation Proclamation, the Bambino and The King both die, and the Beatles find a new drummer, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes
- Giant, ancient virus dug up in Siberia
- City to remove ban on being annoying