Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: August 16
POSTED: 12:42 AM Aug 14 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Aug 16 2013
Politics get ugly on the White House lawn, Lincoln signs the Emancipation Proclamation, the Bambino and The King both die, and the Beatles find a new drummer, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?