Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: July 11
POSTED: 11:33 AM Jul 09 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jul 11 2013
A vice president duels for honor, the Marine Corps is re-established, a folk singer debuts, a space station plummets to Earth, and Martin Luther King earns a posthumous honor, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- $50,000 dropped in Salvation Army kettle
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars