On this day: July 6
POSTED: 6:10 PM Jun 27 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jul 06 2012
America names it currency, a political party holds its first convention and a first lady, media mogul, rocker, screen scream queen and religious leader are all born, all on this day in history.
Around The Watercooler
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket
- Waitress gets $1,000 tip on $60 bill
- Beer thief leaves apology note, cash
- Army plans to launch a reality TV show
- Bicycle hearse offers 'one last ride'
- Toss burgers at kidnappers in Charles Ramsey video game
- Caffeinated toothbrush in the works
- Golfer, 77, sinks 3 holes-in-one
- Google Maps leads kidnapped boy home