(CNN) -- More than 600 flights were canceled Thursday at Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports due to heavy rain in the region, the Chicago Department of Aviation said. Both airports reported delays of between 30 to 90 minutes after the metropolitan area experienced a deluge of nearly 7 inches of rain in a 24-hour period.
Around The Watercooler
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?
- 'Angel of 9-11:' Some see face in twisted wreckage