You'll also learn (thanks to the "Not So Rich and Famous" guided tour) that many of the ordinary folks buried here have fascinating life stories as well. "We return to the world, and we feel ourselves purer, and better, and wiser, from this communion with the dead," said Joseph Story in 1831 when the cemetery was consecrated. Those remain words to live by.
Face your fears through travel
Bring curiosity, courage to these spectacular spots
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- 'Anti-pervert' hairy leggings all the rage in China
- Sesame Street: 'P' is for prison and that's OK
- Man survives 15-story fall in New Zealand
- Cat runs for mayor in Mexico
- Bank error shows woman $300 million in debt
- Wendy's worker fired over Frosty-guzzling photo
- Kids burning ants spark wildfire
- Suspected burglar caught hiding in dryer
- Woman sues Culver's after walking into glass