"The rest of the FAA's budget is getting a 5% haircut; the contract towers are getting a 75% cut, because the FAA is cutting 189 of the 251 contract towers," Spencer Dickerson of the U.S. Contract Tower Association told CNN.
Air traffic control towers on chopping block
At least 3 towers built with federal stimulus money
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Homeless man creates new app
- Boy stops traffic to save dog hit by car
- Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Swim champ gives rival his trophy
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays