Blake Shelton, the country music superstar and coach on NBC's "The Voice," has been named Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine.
The 6-foot-5 Oklahoman doesn't love being the center of attention, so his girlfriend Gwen Stefani had to do a little convincing. Shelton tells People that she advised him he'd regret it if he turned the honor down. The 41-year-old Shelton relented, deadpanning he's been "ugly" all his life so he'll take the yearlong reign with a smile.
The magazine announced its selection Tuesday night.
Shelton can't wait to rib his buddy and on-air rival Adam Levine about the accolade. Levine is a former Sexiest Man Alive pick himself.
Shelton will be featured in a special double issue to hit newsstands Friday.
- New UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- Updated UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season
- Local Subway restaurants donating sandwiches to non-profits to show appreciation
- Niswonger Children's Hospital Christmas event for kids receiving treatment