JOHNSON CITY - ETSU's National Public Radio affiliate WETS-FM is kicking off it's annual fundraiser and money is more important than ever this year.
Station Director Wayne Winkler says the station's grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting is 11 percent lower this year than it was a year ago.
He also says programming costs from NPR will go up at least 3.5 percent.
The station's goal is to raise $125,000 this year.
You can make a donation by clicking on this link right here.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash